It’s easy to get so wrapped-up in what’s immediately before us that we forget life is happening. As the end of one year brings the beginning of another, I’m reminded of the psalmist’s words:
“So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom”
(Psalm 90:12 NKJV)
Numbering my days looks something like this:
- 1970: Born in Toledo, Ohio to John & RaeLene Krempa.
- 1975: Started kindergarten at Mayfair Elementary.
- 1980: Transferred to Whittier Elementary in 5th grade.
- 1984: Met my future wife, Dawn Segura. Graduated from DeVeaux Jr. High.
- 1987: Dawn sat behind me in Mr. Epstein’s English class & although we were not dating, I informed her of my intentions to marry her some day. (Oddly enough she didn’t take me seriously.)
- 1988: Graduated from Start High School in Toledo, Oh. Began attending the University of Toledo as a psychology major. (Took my first psychology class and changed my major to “undecided.”)
- 1989: Placed on academic probation & dropped out of college. (Go Rockets!)
- 1991: Joined the Air Force & was assigned to Kunsan Air Base in South Korea.
- 1992: My daughter, Courtney, was born! Reassigned to Hurlburt Field in Ft. Walton Beach, Florida. Decided to give college another try.
- 1993: Met Roy Wint (the guy who was instrumental in eventually leading me to Christ).
- 1994: BECAME A FOLLOWER OF JESUS CHRIST. (more…)