Today is the 15,046th day of my life.
So far I’ve:
* Amassed a huge pile of regrets.
* Done more things wrong than right.
* Lost track of more friends than I can count.
* Managed to embarrass myself on a regular basis.
* Made thousands of stupid decisions.
* Said many, many things that made people mad
(or sad, or hurt, or whatever).
* Learned hundreds of lessons “the hard way.”
* Done some stuff I’ll never mention in public
(& am trying to forget in private).
* Felt the pain of loss, failure and disillusionment.
All-in-all, I think things are going great!
The bottom line is God doesn’t give a rip about any of that stuff.
He’s not mad at me.
He’s not disappointed.
He loves me.
In fact, He loves everything about me.
Yes, everything … because he sees me through the perfection of Jesus — not the failures of Kraig.
If for no other reason than Jesus, I can tell you with sincerity, things are going great!
“I’m not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don’t get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I’m off and running, and I’m not turning back” (Philippians 3:12-14 MSG).