The RED Series
I’m currently teaching a series called RED that’s designed to examine the words of Jesus to discover the mission and message of the single most influential person in human history. You may know the Bible, but do you really know Jesus? Maybe. Maybe not. Let’s find out together…
1. Series Premier - Has the Jesus story been hijacked? Has the plot been lost? This session will help you find your place in the BIG PICTURE of God’s redemption story.
2. It’s a New Season - After 400 years of silence, Jesus announced “The time promised by God has come at last!” What time is He talking about? In this session you’ll learn to “train your brain” to recognize the mega-themes of the Gospels.
3. Who Dat? - Have people ever said things about you that weren’t entirely true? You’ve heard what everybody else has to say about Jesus, but in this session you’ll learn what Jesus had to say about himself. You’ll also discover how Isaiah’s prophecies provided a framework for the Jesus’ entire ministry.
4. The Ministry of Jesus - The ministry of Jesus was a balanced mix of words (teaching) and deeds (miracles). Discover why both are necessary elements for “proclaiming the kingdom of heaven.”
5. Blessed are the Poor in Spirit - Jesus said, “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.” What does that mean? Does it apply to you? What does Isaiah have to do with it? Find out in this session!
6. Blessed are Those Who Mourn – Blessed are those who mourn? Really??? In this session you’ll discover the true meaning of this beatitude.
7. Blessed are the Meek - Discover how meekness, gentleness, humility, justice and power intersect with the biblical promises of peace and prosperity.
8. Those Who Hunger & Thirst for Righteousness - Have you ever felt like no matter how hard you try, you can never be good enough? Jesus has something to say to you in this session…
9. Blessed are the Merciful - Mercy is demonstrated in actions far beyond what one would be obligated or expected to do, thus conveying the idea of extending a kind of love that is wonderful & beyond all that is customary or imagined. What is the relationship between mercy, revenge and forgiveness? Find out in this lesson!
10. Citizens of the Kingdom – What does it mean to be a follower of Christ? How does Jesus describe his true disciples? Who are the citizens of the kingdom of heaven? What do the beatitudes teach us about God? And what does all of this have to do with you? Find answers in this session!
11. The Kingdom of God - Discover how multiple aspects of Jesus’ ministry all come together in one central theme: the Kingdom of God.
12. The Mystery of the Kingdom - Though Jesus devoted multiple parables to this one principle, only true disciples of Christ understand “the mystery of the Kingdom.” Are you one of them?
13. The Messianic Mission - Understanding the importance of Jesus’ mission is the key to the entire Bible. Did Jesus foresee his death? If so, what meaning did he see in it? What is the crisis of faith that Jesus intentionally creates in our lives? Find out in this session…
14. The Significance of the Cross - If Jesus came to prepare people for the Kingdom of Heaven, why did he have to die? Couldn’t we just bypass the crucifixion, choose Jesus & wait for the Kingdom?
15. Intro to the Afterlife - Is the Gospel a story about what happens to us after we die, or is it something much bigger than that? Did you know that Jesus had little to say about the eternal destiny of individuals apart from their place in the Kingdom of God? Did you know that Hades and Hell are very different places? Did you know the “Parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus” isn’t really about the rich man and/or Lazarus? Did you know that in just one single saying Jesus sheds light on the fate of the righteous? Listen to this message to discover the biblical view of the afterlife!
16. Resurrection and Hell - What happens when we die? What are ghosts? Do good people become angels? Is hell a real place? What do child sacrifices to a pagan god have to do with any of this? Find out in this message…
17. The Time of the Gentiles - Hollywood aside, have you ever wonder what the Antichrist will really be like? Did you know we can look backwards in time to catch a glimpse of the evil that is to come? In this session, you’ll learn Jesus’ view of history through the “time of the Gentiles.”
In the teaching below, I’ve intentionally minimized the emphasis on the less than 1% of OT prophecy that concerns future events–focusing instead on the other 99% that is practically applicable to our lives today.
I submit the following — not to you — but to Christ. Lord, I pray you find me faithful in the task you’ve called me to complete. ~Kraig
1. What’s the Big Deal? – Bible prophecies are thousands of years old. Why study them now? What impact will it have on my life?
2. Laying a Foundation – This series overview highlights some of the foundational principles required to accurately interpret biblical prophecy.
3. The Rise of the Prophets – Discover how the prophetic ministry rose to prominence in Israel & why the prophets are critical in God’s redemptive plan.
4. The Assyrian Crisis - You’ll learn to unlock the secrets of Jonah, Amos, Hosea, Micah & Isaiah by uncovering their historical, political, military, and religious context.
5. Jonah – The book of Jonah is not about a fish. Discover the true meaning of this famous story and why it’s still important today.
6. Amos, part 1 – Does God really care about the poor and oppressed in society? Learn how social injustice can destroy a nation in this contextual survey of the book of Amos.
7. Amos, part 2 – Is Israel more privileged than other nations? Find out what happens when God’s people are ripe for judgment and God sends a shepherd to do a prophet’s job.
8. Hosea, part 1 – The book of Hosea is a love story—real, tragic, and true. Transcending the tale of a young man and his wife, it tells of God’s love for his people and the response of his “bride.”
9. Hosea, part 2 – Hosea dramatically portrays God’s constant and persistent love for a sinful people. Learn how to unlock the message of Hosea and receive its wisdom for your life today.
10. Micah, part 1 – This is a tale of two kings. Learn how openness to the prophetic word can change your destiny—and save a nation from destruction.
11. Micah, part 2 – Micah was known by Isaiah and quoted by Jeremiah, Matthew, Luke and Jesus; but how much do YOU really know about this influential prophet? Micah foretells the birth of the Messiah & tells us plainly what the Lord requires from His people.
12. Isaiah, part 1 – Isaiah is the premier Old Testament prophet and theologian; Jesus and the New Testament writers quoted from Isaiah more than 400 times. In the session, you’ll receive the keys needed to unlock the treasures of one of the richest and most beautiful books in the Bible.
13. Isaiah, part 2 – If you don’t understand what Isaiah was saying, you can’t possibly understand the significance of what the New Testament writers—and Jesus—were saying! Pastor Kraig gives four key examples of how the New Testament writers interpreted Isaiah’s prophecies & reveals the interdependence between the two Testaments.
14. Part 1 Q & A - Did Jonah die in the whale? Do the godly suffer with the ungodly? Is Jesus a Republican? Find out in this Q&A session about the prophets of the Assyrian Crisis.
15. Assyria’s Fall & Judah’s Folly - What happens when God uses a wicked, cruel and proud nation as an instrument of His discipline? Is God’s judgment against Israel’s oppressor evidence of His blessings over Jerusalem? In this session you’ll learn about the fall of Assyria and the folly of Judah.
16. The Rise of Babylon - An introduction to the ancient Babylonian Empire & the Jewish Exile. This session is critical for unlocking the secrets of Nahum, Jeremiah, Zephaniah, Habakkuk, Ezekiel and Obadiah.
17. Nahum - One hundred twenty years after Jonah’s message of grace and forgiveness, God called Nahum to preach a message of judgment against Ninevah. Learn how this powerful message provides hope to those who look to God for refuge.
18. Jeremiah, part 1 – The prophets had a specific message for a specific people at a specific point in history. If you read Jeremiah’s prophecy without some understanding of Jeremiah’s time, you may end up more bewildered than enlightened. Learn the backstory in this lesson!
19. Jeremiah, part 2 – Why was Jeremiah called “The Weeping Prophet?” Was he just a big cry baby? In this lesson you’ll learn about Jeremiah as a person & the relevance of his message for today.
20. Zephaniah, part 1 – This session includes an introduction to the prophet Zephaniah and a crash course on the pagan gods: Dagon, Ba’al and Molek. Can any other god stand before the Lord of Heaven’s Armies?
21. Zephaniah, part 2 – Have you ever felt like God is hiding? Or that He’s left you? Zephaniah can help you gain perspective from God’s point-of-view. In this session you’ll learn about “The Day of the Lord” as experienced by both the wicked and the godly. Which side will you be on?
22. Habakkuk, part 1 - Can you imagine a king who took the throne when he was 8 years old, was married by the time he was 13, was in a polygamous situation by the time he was 15, and was the father of two sons by two different wives by the time he was 16? That’s king Josiah—and he was one of the godliest kings in Judah’s history. This overview of the drama within Josiah’s family tree will help unlock Habakkuk’s message.
23. Habakkuk, part 2 – Where is God when the wicked oppress the righteous & the ungodly seem to prosper? Will the godly really have to suffer when judgment strikes their nation? Is it fair? Walk with Habakkuk through a transformation that can only come through a vision of God’s amazing plan for salvation: “…the righteous shall live by faith.”
24. Ezekiel, part 1 – Did you know the Jews suffered three separate deportations under Nebuchadnezzar? Did you realize that Ezekiel prophesied while in Babylonian exile – hundreds of miles from Jerusalem? In this lesson, you’ll learn the significance of a prophetic message on foreign soil.
25. Ezekiel, part 2 – This fast-paced tour through the book of Ezekiel will reveal the major themes & key passages. Learn the secrets, unlock the prophecies, and learn how they apply to your life today!
26. Obadiah - If you remember the story of Jacob & Esau (Gen 25:19-34; 27:1-28:9; 32:1-33:20; 36:1-43) you won’t want to miss this lesson! Learn what happened to the descendants of Esau & God’s message to them “in the day of [Jacob's] disaster.”If you remember the story of Jacob & Esau (Gen 25:19-34; 27:1-28:9; 32:1-33:20; 36:1-43) you won’t want to miss this lesson! Learn what happened to the descendants of Esau & God’s message to them “in the day of [Jacob's] disaster.”
28. The Fall of Babylon & The Rise of Persia - John Maxwell is right: “Everything rises and falls on leadership.” In this session, you’ll discover how weak leadership destroyed one Empire while strong leadership simultaneously built another. Can the same thing happen in America today?
29. The Other Side of Judgment - How can you resolve the tension between your present circumstances and the biblical promises of blessing & prosperity? In this session, you’ll learn the right & wrong ways to deal with opposition, despair and disappointment. Discover the benefits of divine judgment & how you can prosper even in the midst of hard times.
30. Daniel, part 1 – Imagine a Hebrew prophet who’s a trusted advisor to the kings of Babylon & Persia—that’s Daniel! In this session you’ll learn how Daniel skillfully navigated through inevitable cultural and religious tensions while simultaneously serving both God and pagan kings. Discover how Daniel’s character serves as an example for all believers today!
31. Daniel, part 2 – Embedded in Daniel’s visions of future events is an encouraging word for today. In this session you’ll discover how the book of Daniel offers hope to all who await the fulfillment of God’s promises. In the meantime, “Stop sinning and do what is right. Break from your wicked past and be merciful to the poor. Perhaps then you will continue to prosper” (Dan 4:27).
32. Haggai, part 1 – Haggai was sent by God to instruct & encourage people who were plagued by struggles and disappointments, a lack of material goods, frustrated hopes and expectations, and a lack of fervor for serving the Lord. If you’ve ever felt that way, you won’t want to miss this session!
33. Haggai, part 2 – In four separate prophecies, Haggai helped God’s people navigate through difficult times. Listen to the explanation of each of the four prophecies and learn relevant applications for your life today.
34. Zechariah, part 1 - The book of Zechariah is the most apocalyptic and messianic of all the minor prophets. In this session you’ll receive the keys for unlocking Zechariah’s eight night visions concerning the Messianic Era. This is a behind-the-scenes, full-access-granted, V.I.P. look at God’s plan for the future of mankind.
35. Zechariah, part 2 – Though the promises of the Messianic Era would not be immediately revealed, the prophecies of Zechariah assure us that God knows and controls all of history (past, present and future). In this session you’ll hear details of Christ’s life that were written 500 years before their fulfillment. You’ll also hear prophecies that have not yet been fulfilled about the return of Christ at the end of the age.
36. Malachi, part 1 - In a period of tension between God and the people, Malachi explained the delay of prophetic fulfillment in terms of human failure. In a mixed audience, different reactions are inescapable—which reaction best describes your personal response to tough times?
37. Malachi, part 2 - The Lord loves his people, but he has to admonish and judge them because of their sin. In this session you’ll learn how each of Malachi’s prophetic disputations reveal something about the character and nature of God.
38. Malachi, part 3 – Bad things happen to good people; good things happen to bad people. What’s the use of serving God? Malachi’s final prophecy addresses this very question and serves as a backdrop to the New Testament’s account of the Mount of Transfiguration in Matthew 17.
39. Joel – This introductory lesson provides important context for understanding Joel’s prophecies. Learn how a literal plague of locusts became symbolic of the devastation that will be unleashed on “The Day of the Lord.” You’ll also learn how Jonah 4:2 and Joel 2:13 serve as the “bookends” of the Old Testament prophets.
40. The End – In this concluding message you’ll see how the Bible reveals God’s plan of redemption and learn how the prophets clarify it; how history provides confidence in it; how Jesus Christ fulfills it; how the Early Church demonstrated to it; and how the modern church has forgotten it. I offer a 100% guarantee that God will judge America; the only question is which side of judgment you will land on – destruction or salvation?
NEW AUDIO IS ADDED REGULARLY.
CHECK BACK AGAIN SOON!